My Blind Date (Part 1-3)


MY BLIND DATE


Part One

I was 34 and single

I was totally broken and I still saw my ex everywhere I went.

I was ashamed to go out with my friends because either they were married or with kids.

My parents felt my pain and consoled me.

Being the first born and my two siblings are married with kids.

It was highly embarrassing and emotionally draining.

Not that I didn’t try but relationships were always disastrous for me.

One day I agreed to meet a guy from my mom's arrangement.

Never met him before but Mom said he was a good match.

With the regular qualities; tall, dark and handsome.

Part 2

Mom picked a date and a place for us to meet; a place quite serene.

On the particular day, I wore a nice jean with a blue top.

We began to talk and then lunch was served.

He ate like a villager; hands and cutleries going in together.

I let it slide and guess what! He washed his hands right there on the table.

I was embarrassed but then I felt quite safe with him.

Right after, we took a walk and he began to tell me his hobbies.

He liked to lick toothpate!! Geez! I knew he wasn’t for me!

But throughout that day, he cracked my ribs with his jokes and he made me feel safe.

We promised to meet again but I was done in my head.

Part 3

But getting home, I couldn’t stop comparing him to my past boyfriends.

He was completely different and he didn’t want a perfect person.

The previous guys wanted a girl with proper table manner,

A girl who would be below always serving them.

A girl who would be a housewife

Just really fickle things as such,

I wasn’t perfect and my blind date liked me like that.

We met again and we both ate with our hands.

He didn’t look rich but I was satisfied with him.

Along the line, he asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes! 

I wasn’t sure but you can always be sure,

My heart yearned for him and I stayed with him.

He was humble and I liked it and he was real.

Today, we are both licking the toothpaste together.😁

Cos I got married to my blind-date three years ago and it has been awesome ever since…


P.S we have two kids now and we live in a really big house!!!

Babatunde Eunice

black_christian 2020

©All Rights Reserved


Comments

  1. Licking toothpaste πŸ˜‚. Very niceπŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice write-up ♥️🌹

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so simple and nice. I loveee it♥️. Great job dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is good....short but nice...keep it upπŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜˜

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love itπŸ™ƒ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow really nice and I learnt something

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm ko bad. Keep giving us hot hot. Eunice, kudos 😁

    ReplyDelete
  8. simple and beautifully written

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wowπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    I love this❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hot piece indeedπŸ˜…✨...Simple and lovely πŸ’–πŸ‘Œ...Keep it up dear🀩

    ReplyDelete
  11. Niceee.πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts