Love๐Ÿ’—

 

Love


A long time ago

Someone asked me 'what is love Eunice?'

At first, I was confused

I always thought love was a scam

Overly hyped and just a simple facade

Something that didn't exist and was materialised

Something people claim to have but always disappeared in a split second

Maybe it was because of my past experiences or my broken childhood

I didn't know but I thought love was a scam



Shortly afterwards

I met someone but then I took off

But then he came and found me

He was so sweet and loved me with all of my flaws and terrible behavior

I ran away because it was too good to be true

He cared for me just too much and always thought about me

He always came back to look for me when I ran

Eventually I was swept away with his love

Just when I was feeling like he belonged to just me

And I had fully accepted him and came back to him

I found out he had to die because there were others he loved just like me and could only redeem them by dying



I was scared, I wept for I couldn't imagine him leaving

I didn't want him to go

So he was dealt with just because he loved

I was filthy

But he took all the filthiness upon him so that I could be clean

He died with all my shame and made me anew

I was confused on how he could do that

The only way left for me was to accept that his love was expressed and to believe in him

Eventually he came back but could no longer stay with me in person

He had to leave but he left something precious with me which was his Spirit

So everyday I am reminded of that love and because of him I can now love



So if you ask me again 'What love is?'

Uhh Love is Christ

So if it's nothing like Christ, then it's nothing like love...



©Babatunde Eunice 2020

All Rights Reserved

Black_ Christian

Picture Credit:  Favim.com

Comments

  1. If it's nothing like Christ, then it's nothing like love๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ...A really lovely piece ๐Ÿ’–

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome stuff Eunice. Great to have you share this personal truth with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love is indeed Christ. Thanks for this beautiful piece❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great dear.... Christ is Love ๐Ÿ’•

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really beautiful. Honestly when I started reading it. It thought it was you sharing your own real experience about love but they I continue and you honestly blew my mind away. I think I still come back to read your works anytime you publish is because you either surprise or amazing.. keep up the good work dear. Indeed your talent is rear ๐Ÿ”ฅ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect description of God's love๐Ÿ‘Œ
    His love never ends
    Thank you for this๐Ÿ’ž

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christ kind of love is the real deal♥️... Thank you for shedding light on this... Good job

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the passion, oh the wonder of the firery love of Christ.
    Awesome piece! God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  9. True love is only found in Christ
    Hmm indeed love is Christ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christ is love ❤️. Love this piece

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts