Frozen

 


Frozen

The tears didn't bring you back
The pleas and yells didn't convince you either
I watched you lay there, lifeless and with pale eyes
Your eyes were open but you were gone
Everyone rushed into the room at the sound of a daughter's scream

Everyone yelled and begged you to come back
11 year old me just watched in utter disbelief
Of course I knew what it meant
But everyone brushed past me, nobody cared
Selfish of me to say, I guess it was because we all felt the pain

But if only someone held me that day
Maybe I would care about people better now
Maybe I would understand how to grief
Maybe I would be more sympathetic to others in their time of grief
Maybe I wouldn't have grown up too fast
Maybe I would have more friends to walk life with

But I'm still frozen in my steps as I was that day
Everyone is still brushing pass me
I'm still in disbelief about life itself
Alone like I was that night at 9pm
Alone I still am

Asking life what it has to offer me
Expecting people to offer me the same as I give them
But I guess everyday is still like that night
I'm still frozen in my step, invisible to world




© Babatunde Eunice 2021
Picture Credit: @The New York Times


Comments

  1. This is deepπŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ»

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful piece.
    A hug to someone grieving even if you are experiencing the same pain goes a long way. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts