Gone

 

Gone



I guess it's time to talk about it

Four months since you made that night call and two months since I turned my back on you.

I chose myself after you forgot to choose me.

Was it beautiful? Yes

Magical? Of course 

Was it right? No, I used to think it was till it wasn't 

Yeah, it's okay to sit and wallow for a bit

But the truth remains that it is gone

Never allowing another person tell me they don't want me more than once.

Never going back to pain or hurt

Don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

Ask yourself what's the cost of what you are doing 

What is being taken from you in exchange for what you have?

I had a beautiful experience and I'm going to be forever grateful for that but it's gone.

I feel lighter 

Excited about the next one because I'm a sucker for it.

I'm a big sucker for it, I'm going to give myself to it but not forgetting the lessons I learnt the first time.

I'm going to give myself again and hope that it works out this time.

The former is gone and I no longer miss it.



I hope that you learn a thing or two from this, whatever it may be🥂





All Rights Reserved

Black Christian 2022

Babatunde Eunice 

Picture Credit @pinterest

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts