Happy New Year


 Hi,

My name is Eunice and for now, I’m a cook.

Yeah, that’s because I’m pretty versatile and I can do a couple of things but for now, I’m currently solving world hunger 😂

Anyways, I chose to write tonight because it’s the last day of the year, I haven’t been consistent with my posts but I thought we all deserved one more before we wrap up the year.

2022 was a rollercoaster for everyone, like every single person. We loved, we lost, we gained, we grew and we thrived. The fact that you are here at the very end means that you did thrive.

The purpose of this piece is relative, you would have to find one yourself. 

I’m a big sucker for love but this time, I lost love in two really hurtful ways. A good friend of mine died from substance abuse and I lost a long term relationship. But you know, today as I write I am genuinely happy. Happy at how things ended.

I’m happy at my growth and I am happy that I made quality impact in the lives of those around me. I had mental struggles and a host of other issues but I’m so happy.

This year was a beautiful year because I saw the love in the very small things. Sure, it was hard or whatever but it was such a beautiful year regardless.

I didn’t achieve all that I hoped to achieve but you know, I’m freaking proud of myself and I want you to be proud of yourself too.

Your big and small wins, be excited at the relationships that ended and the ones that started. The business you built, the friendships you developed, the physical and emotional growth that you had. Be excited about everything.

This year was tough on all of us, not sure anyone had it particularly easy and I don’t think you should sit somewhere and brood over how possibly shitty you think it went. Trust me, if you look closely, you’ll find the really beautiful experiences that you can be thankful.

As we all look towards the New Year countdown and nostalgia that comes with that. I want you to be happy, I want to scream and rejoice. I want you to dance and dance and jump for joy because you my friend, you did it.

You survived, you thrived, you excelled.

You and only you did it.

Happy New Year Mi Amor

More than anything, I am really happy and proud of you and myself too🥂



P. S if there’s something you have always wanted to tell me, drop a comment or send a private message. I want all the details before the night is over💕



Cc: Eunice Babatunde 2022

All Rights Reserved 

Picture Credit: Twitter.com

Comments

  1. Beautiful read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am so happy to read this, 😊 seriously you are 💯 correct in all you said I actually don't know why you cut me off from your close friends but I guess because have not been having time for all our prayer meetings but I just hope you can forgive me🙏 and also next year could be better off *Happy New year in advance*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much. Reading this has reminded me to be grateful for the littlest things. God, as always came through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely message...in the new year, let's be strong AND happy together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year Junice. ❤️
    I’m proud of you too

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts